St austell dating
From 1334 onwards she secured or made a number of grants in her tenants' favour culminating in the important charter of 1345. 36) In the following year the town acquired the leet jurisdiction of the manor, said in 1355 to extend over the following vills and hamlets round Coventry, covering about 15,000 acres: Radford, Keresley, Foleshill, Exhall, Ansty, part of Sowe, Caludon, Wyken, Henley, Wood End, Stoke, Bigging, Whitley, Pinley, Asthill, part of Stivichall, Horwell, Harnall, and Whoberley. 37) In 1355 a particularly bitter phase in the struggle with the priory was brought to an end by a settlement, embodied in a document known as the tripartite indenture, which marked a notable triumph for the queen and the corporation.By its terms the area of the Prior's Half and the prior's judicial rights were greatly reduced, most of the latter being vested in the mayor and commonalty. 38) The creation of the county of the city in the mid 15th century, which re-united the two 'halves', introduced the second fundamental episode in the city's history.It is therefore desirable that at the outset they and other significant aspects of Coventry's history should be described in outline. 21) and were then being farmed of the king by one Nicholas. 24) then the area of Coventry in 1086 was about 1,000 acres.Before the making of the Domesday Survey there is no recorded mention of any individual place in the district of Coventry except Coventry itself, although it is clear from the evidence of place-names that many of the surrounding hamlets were, like Coventry, of Saxon origin. 15) About 1043 a Benedictine house, consisting of an abbot and 24 monks, was founded there by Leofric, Earl of Mercia, and the Countess Godgifu (Godiva), his wife. 16) It is highly probable that the whole of Coventry belonged to Godiva in her own right, (fn. This figure may be compared with the 200 or so acres enclosed within the 14th-century walls (fn.
A second series of forgeries was produced in the late 1120s or early 1130s, and .44) and re-absorbed into the administrative structure of Warwickshire.The large parish of Foleshill became the head of a poor-law union (and subsequently of a rural district) which included the parishes of Ansty, Exhall, Stoke, Sowe, and Wyken, and the hamlets of Keresley (a detached part of St.Pages 1-23A History of the County of Warwick: Volume 8, the City of Coventry and Borough of Warwick.Originally published by Victoria County History, London, 1969.